Nailor Industries, a leader in the Commercial HVAC field, has an opening for an experienced Application Engineer. We are looking for stable, mature and hardworking individuals. Our company offers excellent benefits and competitive salary packages.
Duties Include: Fielding product application calls, pre-sale technical support, and post-sale technical support from independent representatives, contractors and engineers throughout the country. Serve as first line of defense to diagnose potential field service and warranty issues. Develop and administer action plans to remedy customer issues. Interaction with order entry, customer service, sales, engineering and manufacturing is required to review and process all special sales orders to ensure they are accurately documented prior to releasing to manufacturing. This position also works with manufacturing to support the production process while driving manufacturing initiatives to improve quality.
- Provide immediate first response to all quality related inquiries and reports from customers
- Determine need for and plan / coordinate all visits to job sites. Identify and assign necessary assets, while minimizing cost of remediation
- Communicate with and support manufacturing and quality control teams in trouble shooting and analyzing quality issues during production and warranty issues in the field (this could include a ‘hands on’ approach)
- Coordinate projects with special product requirements. Work with design engineering to interpret customer specifications and ensure end product meets expectations
- Develop costing for special products
- Lead efforts to determine root cause of problems and work with sales, customer service, manufacturing team and field service to rectify and bring closure to the warranty event.
- Prepare reports that show analysis of events, including data and relevant issues, closure of event, and recommendations to management
- Participate in representative and engineering training sessions
- Minimum of a two year technical degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelors of Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering a plus
- 2+ years of commercial HVAC systems experience preferred. Involvement across areas like: engineering, installation/start-up, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, technical sales, or customer service is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial HVAC control systems
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical plans, schedules, technical drawings and contract specifications
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well with customers on the phone and in person is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer-based skills
- Familiarity with CAD software a plus
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven