Electrician to install, test, and troubleshoot electrical equipment and parts, such as control panels, motors, VFD, and various HVAC equipment. This position requires extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety NEC code and regulations. Must be professional, technical, and mechanically proficient.
The work of Electrician can often be physically demanding. In order to install and repair equipment, they may need to crawl, climb, and stand for extended periods of time. Must also be able to operate tools in close proximity to electrical components.
Electrician must also be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents, such as blueprints, schematics, or instructions. Must also be motivated to work on their own and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are a necessary part of this position.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot electrical components of HVAC equipment.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Perform quality testing and work with QC inspectors.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Candidates must have experience with controls, working with 3 phase systems and voltages up to 600V.
- Journeyman experience preferred or the completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and electrical equipment.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and make decisions.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling, etc.