Nailor Industries, Inc. is an industry leading global manufacturer of commercial HVAC air distribution and control products. We are seeking a suitably qualified Engineering Product Manager (EPM) for our Air Distribution product line. The successful candidate will interact with our Houston management team and become a key player in growing existing product lines, as well as establishing new markets.
Houston, TX (Company Headquarters)
This is a high growth position with management potential requiring a desire to influence our organization’s future success. The EPM is responsible for increasing product offerings to achieve broader brand awareness and market share in the commercial and light industrial market segments. In addition, the EPM will develop and maintain all costing, drawings and documents while leading strategies and efforts to update selection software and training modules to support his respective product lines. This position offers mentoring by 3 internationally recognized individuals with a cumulative experience level of over 150 years in this business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
The EPM will provide the processes and direction necessary to grow assigned product lines. Working with multiple departments and customers, the EPM will:
- Conduct product research and specify requirements for existing and future product lines
- Conduct regular product reviews to ensure that our performance, features, accessories and options are competitive; and to evaluate our strengths and weaknesses as compared to competition
- Develop and lead the product development process and liaise with Production, Marketing, Sales and IT for product scope, design and functionality
- Create new and update existing product performance data to assist our sales force and internal staff in the promotion of our products, including product catalogs, submittal drawings, technical specifications, installation and maintenance manuals (IOM), ordering procedures, computerized pricing programs
- Create and participate in sales training modules such as Webinars and PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external audiences; to include selection software, product features/benefits and operation overview and technical specifications.
- Become the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for assigned product lines
- Travel to Rep offices for product introduction or training (dependent on experience)
- Attend and participate in national and regional tradeshows and product related technical committee meetings such as ASHRAE, AHRI, AMCA and USGBC (dependent on experience)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred or a related degree and/or commensurate experience
- Some prior HVAC knowledge is preferred
- Technical background in HVAC systems
- Ability to plan, direct and manage activities with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
Specific Skills Requirements:
- Superior written and verbal communication; Technical writing ability
- Familiar with MS Office products
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Solid Edge, 3D modeling software or equivalent
- Ability to learn various software packages quickly
- Exceptionally strong organizational capabilities
- Some travel (dependent on experience)
Move, transport and handle equipment as necessary at tradeshows, lab testing or for presentations. Ability to carry luggage for travel.
Nailor Industries, Inc., operating under Nailor International Group, is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters located in Houston, TX. The group consists of several business units: Nailor (Air Control & Distribution products, Terminal Units, Electric Duct Heaters), Engineered Comfort (Fan Coil Units), Thermal Corporation (Custom Air Handlers, Blower Coils), Klean Aire (Filter Housings), Engineered Acoustics (Duct Silencers), Manufactured Air Products [MAP] (Air Control & Distribution products), Nailor GTA and Advanced Air (UK).
Nailor Industries has 10 manufacturing facilities totaling over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located in the US (Houston & Las Vegas), Canada (Toronto & Calgary), and United Kingdom. Nailor provides high quality, low-cost commercial and industrial HVAC products with the best lead times in the industry.
Utilizing an international network of top tier manufacturing representatives, working together we exceed the expectations of customers around the world. As a commitment to push the industry forward and continue our mission to innovate, our Houston facility houses a 40,000 square foot laboratory designed for research and development of many types of products in any given environment desired.
Nailor is committed to providing innovative HVAC products backed by unparalleled customer service through a network of professional and knowledgeable manufacturer’s representatives.
Nailor offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, health insurance, eight paid holidays, paid vacations, Life Insurance / Accidental Death Benefits, 401K Retirement Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts.
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line