Energistics Laboratory (a division of Nailor Industries), an environmental and sound testing laboratory, is seeking a career oriented technician capable of self-directed work in a laboratory test environment for the following position located in Houston, Texas:
General Lab Technician
Currently, we have an available position for a General Lab Technician. This is a hands-on position and candidates will be involved in the preparation and testing of HVAC products. Responsibilities include: test unit setup, functional tests, and the operation of air flow, pressure, temperature, and sound measuring instruments. Candidates should have strong mechanical aptitude and some knowledge of fans, dampers, VAV terminal units, air handlers, fan coils, air diffusers, and grilles. Experience in HVAC research and development laboratory work is preferred.
Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Basic power tool familiarity
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Excel and Word)
- Strong high school math and science foundation
- Intermediate communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiar with basic AC/DC electrical principles and use of multimeters
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb ladders and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Will climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis each day.
- Typical Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm hours (possibly 7am-4pm)
This is a salary position with the following benefits:
- Health Insurance (Memorial Hermann Health Network Providers)
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan after 1 year of hiring (with 3% company contribution)
- Flexible Spending (Cafeteria Plan) for medical and dependent care expenses
Email resumes to email@example.com