This position entails maintaining the lab, testing Nailor Life Safety products (Fire, Fire/Smoke, Curtain, Smoke Dampers, etc.) and Air Control products (Control Dampers, Back Draft Dampers, Louvers etc.), and working with Product Engineers, Production Line Supervisors and outside Engineers. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to apply critical thinking, demonstrate integrity, work safely and follow company safety policies, and work independently with minimal supervision on a variety of job-related tasks.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from ABET accredited University
- Should have basic knowledge of HVAC System design and refrigeration cycle
- Must be familiar with Mechanical manufacturing processes and fabrication techniques
- Should have the ability to shorten the product development cycle time using DFA and DFM techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of Bill of Materials, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Strong Engineering analysis skills
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferred
- Assist in developing Test protocols and Lab work instructions for life safety, grills, registers, diffusers, VAV (single and dual duct) using relevant test standards.
- Execute on schedule evaluation of test equipment used for the simulation of various environmental conditions.
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of test data with a goal of zero defective results.
- Maintain flexibility and cooperation in completion of all miscellaneous technical tasks (equipment, calibrations, testing documentation, lab maintenance, etc.).
- Conceptualize and analyze the test set-ups, methods and conditions of products based on customer-specific needs.
- Develop project plans using formal gantt charts, and track/maintain project schedules to ensure on time completions.
- Direct the activities of lab technicians and/or interns as needed to increase lab efficiency.
- Lead engineering team with excellent management and leadership abilities.
- Facilitate engineering lab’s effort to maintain ISO standards.
- Perform internal lab audits/management reviews as per schedule.
- Aid in present process improvements and future process design ideas, and execute changes to reduce company costs with no degradation in quality.