The Payroll & Human Resources Specialist assists with management of the company’s human resources and payroll functions. This position is responsible for important functions such as payroll duties, new employee orientations, maintaining employee records, coordinating employee benefits and assisting the Director of Human Resources in all aspects of Human Resources. The Payroll & Human Resources Specialist helps with the development and implementation of organization-wide policies and training that will contribute to the agencies overall success.
- Assists Director of Human Resources on proper implementation personnel policies and practices in accordance with current regulatory trends and personnel law.
- Handle day-to day employee relations, maintain positive relationships, foster open communication of business information and policies.
- Assist with coordinating recruitment, hiring, on and off boarding and performance management of employees.
- Respond to inquiries, process, and screen job applicants, maintain job postings, advertise vacant positions and oversee interview and hiring processes.
- Responsible for compiling, maintaining and updating employee records and data such as insurance coverage, retirement plan, etc.
- Coordinates benefits administration with insurance carriers and employees including medical, dental, life, and disability benefits.
- Assists in the management of annual benefit open enrollment meetings.
- Responds to routine employee inquiries for information on subjects such as employment verification, job openings or benefit claims processing.
- Oversees new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude towards the company’s mission and goals.
- Perform duties relating to benefit programs, employment activities and maintenance of employee benefit records. Administer insurance programs and enroll new employees.
- Assists with administering 401(k) plan, enroll employees and process paperwork.
- Assists with coordinating all employee meetings and events to foster positive employee morale.
- Performs moderate to highly complex payroll duties, reports and audits per established standard processes and procedures in a multi-state environment.
- Compiles payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, employee benefit and 401(k) deductions.
- Reviews Time and Attendance System and reviews the download information for completeness and accuracy.
- Verifies and audits hours worked for employees for accuracy, contacts various department supervisors for any discrepancies and missing information.
- Compiles internal reports from Payroll System software.
- Review, research and respond to incoming payroll inquiries pertaining to payroll.
- Participates in the weekly and bi-weekly processing of payroll by preparing pay data batches and uploading and reconciling the batch totals for payroll transmission.
- Completes Manual Check Requests for final pays or shortage of pay and obtain necessary approvals.
- Maintains payroll information, files and records to provide an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll data such as time sheets, leave time, direct deposit requirements, benefit eligibility to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Attends various seminars and workshops to gain and review labor law, government requirements, payroll regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Three (3) plus years’ experience in a Payroll and Human Resources role.
- Experience with multi-state/locations.
- Ability to process high volume (500+ employees)
- Familiarity with the basic federal and state tax calculations.
- Knowledge of Paycom a plus
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure a must.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills required.
****Please submit resumes directly to HRM@nailor.com****