Nailor Industries, Inc. is an industry leading global manufacturer of commercial HVAC air distribution and control products. We are seeking a suitably qualified Product Engineer for our Air Control product lines. The successful candidate will interact with our Houston management team and become a key player in growing existing product lines that will expand our market opportunities.
Houston, TX (Company Headquarters)
The Product Engineer is responsible to provide engineering support for product development from concept to full-rate production. They will be charged with increasing product offerings to achieve broader brand awareness and market share in the commercial and light industrial market segments. In addition, the Product Engineer will develop and maintain all costing, drawings, and documents while leading strategies and efforts to update selection software and training modules to support their respective product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other Duties May Be Assigned):
The Product Engineer will provide the processes and direction necessary to grow assigned product lines. Working with multiple departments and customers, the Product Engineer will:
- Develop and lead the product development process and liaise with Production, Marketing, Sales and IT for product scope, design, and functionality
- Conduct product research and specify requirements for existing and future product lines.
- Develops, manage, and maintain industry certification programs for assigned product lines.
- Conduct regular product reviews to ensure that our performance, features, accessories and options are competitive; and to evaluate our strengths and weaknesses as compared to competition
- Create new and update existing product performance data to assist our sales force and internal staff in the promotion of our products, including product catalogs, submittal drawings, technical specifications, installation and maintenance manuals (IOM), ordering procedures, computerized pricing programs
- Create and participate in sales training modules such as Webinars and PowerPoint presentations for both internal and external audiences; to include selection software, product features/benefits and operation overview and technical specifications.
- Become the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for assigned product lines
- Travel to Rep offices for product introduction or training (dependent on experience)
- Attend and participate in national and regional tradeshows and product related technical committee meetings as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred or a related degree and/or commensurate experience
- Some prior HVAC technical background or knowledge is preferred
- Working knowledge of engineering skills necessary for production support and development.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time, work well under pressure and meet agreed upon schedule commitments
- Ability to collaborate with multiple functions within the company to plan, direct and manage activities with little supervision in a fast-paced environment
Specific Skills Requirements:
- Superior written and verbal communication; Technical writing ability
- Familiar with MS Office products
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Solid Edge, 3D modeling software or equivalent
- Ability to learn various software packages quickly
- Exceptionally strong organizational capabilities
- Some travel (dependent on experience)
- Move, transport and handle equipment as necessary at tradeshows, lab testing or for presentations. Ability to carry luggage for travel.
Nailor offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, health insurance, eight paid holidays, paid vacations, Life Insurance / Accidental Death Benefits, 401K Retirement Savings Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume with the position you are applying for in the subject line