PRODUCT: AIR CONTROL DAMPERS, INDUSTRIAL DAMPERS, FIRE DAMPERS, SMOKE DAMPERS, COMBINATION FIRE AND SMOKE DAMPERS AND OTHER LIFE SAFETY PRODUCTS
- Product Development of all types of Dampers used in Commercial and industrial HVAC applications
- Technical support and interaction with Sales, Production and Marketing
- Technical support for independent representatives, contractors and engineers throughout the country
- Development and administration of action plans for R & D
- Accurate planning, documentation and support for new product introduction or updates to process all special sales orders prior to releasing to manufacturing.
- Work with manufacturing supporting the production process while driving manufacturing initiatives to improve quality.
- Have a broad understanding of all types of commercial air control dampers including control, ceiling radiation and life safety (fire, smoke and fire smoke), industrial and their associated standards.
- Knowledge of specific standards is a plus, these include UL 555 and UL 555S, AMCA Standards associated with dampers.
- Familiarity with an Engineering working lab to ensure testing standards are adhered to in the qualification of new designs.
- Provide R & D experience in the development of new products and enhancement to existing dampers
- Communicate with and support manufacturing and quality control teams in trouble shooting and analyzing quality issues during production and warranty issues in the field (this will include a ‘hands on’ approach)
- Coordinate projects with special product requirements working with Sales & Marketing to interpret customer specifications and ensure product meets expectations
- Develop costing for new product development, R & D as well as special products or projects
- Lead efforts to determine root cause of problems and work with sales, customer service, manufacturing team and field service to rectify and bring closure to the warranty event
- Prepare reports that show Engineering data analysis for Marketing and Sales literature
- Support Selection of Nailor’s Air Control products
- Participate in representative and engineering training sessions.
- Minimum of a four-year B.S Engineering degree (Mechanical, or Structural) or equivalent experience
- Professional Certification of State PE license is a plus
- 2+ years of commercial HVAC systems experience preferred in Air Control products such as life safety and control dampers, this experience could include involvement across areas such as: installation/start-up, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, technical sales, or customer service is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial HVAC control systems
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical plans, schedules, technical drawings and contract specifications
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well with customers and co-workers, strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer-based skills including CAD software
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven
This job is located in Nailor’s Houston, Texas facility. The company manufactures a full line of commercial air handlers, Air Distribution products, VAV terminal units, fan coils, louvers, dampers and life safety products.
Nailor Industries, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package. Salary will be competitive with the industry and depends on experience.