PRODUCT: LOUVERS The product offering includes commercial, architectural, industrial and FEMA louvers. This includes penthouses and high impact louvers as well as stationary airflow measuring stations.
- Product Development and Maintenance of Louver products.
- Technical support for internal personnel such as Sales, Production lines and Marketing
- Technical support for independent representatives, contractors and engineers throughout the country
- Develop and administer action plans for product development, R & D. Interaction with order entry, customer service, sales, and manufacturing providing product introduction documentation and support to process all special sales orders ensuring accurate documentation prior to release to manufacturing
- Work with manufacturing to support the production process while driving manufacturing initiatives to improve quality
- Knowledge of specific standards AMCA Standards associated with airflow measuring stations and louvers.
- Understand NOA for Florida and Miami Dade certification of Louvers and the associated testing that is required to pass the qualification testing
- Familiarity with an Engineering working lab to ensure testing standard are adhered to in the qualification of new designs
- Experience and/or knowledge of structural support calculations.
- R & D of new products and enhancement to existing louver products
- Communicate with and support manufacturing and quality control teams in troubleshooting and analyzing quality issues during production and warranty issues in the field (this will include a ‘hands on’ approach)
- Coordinate projects with special product requirements and work with Sales & Marketing to interpret customer specifications and ensure product meets expectations.
- Develop costing for new product development, R & D as well as special products or projects.
- Lead efforts to determine root cause of problems and work with sales, customer service, manufacturing team and field service to rectify and bring closure to the warranty event.
- Prepare reports that show Engineering data analysis for Marketing and Sales literature
- Support Selection of Nailor’s Louver products
- Participate in representative and engineering training sessions.
- Four-year B.S Engineering degree (Mechanical, or Structural) or equivalent experience
- Professional Certification of State PE license is a plus
- 2+ years of commercial HVAC systems experience preferred in Mechanical or Architectural louvers. This experience could include involvement across areas such as: installation/start-up, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, technical sales, or customer service is a plus.
- Understanding and computational analysis of Static and Dynamic Structural loads.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial HVAC control systems
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical plans, schedules, technical drawings and contract specifications
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well with customers and co-workers, strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer-based skills including CAD software
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven
This job is located in Nailor’s Houston, Texas facility. The company manufactures a full line of commercial air handlers, Air Distribution products, VAV units, fan coils, dampers and life safety products.
Nailor offers a competitive benefits package. Salary will be competitive with the industry and depends on experience.