Duties Include: Development of Terminal Unit product line, including series and parallel fan powered terminal units; single and dual duct terminal units. Knowledge of air moving equipment is essential for the development of terminal unit product. Experience in collection of airflow, pressure drop and sound data in a laboratory environment and analyzing this data for engineering and marketing data is a plus. Testing experience with laboratories is desired. Direct knowledge of Auto Cad or Solid Edge is a strong plus. Design of primary air dampers or control dampers is a plus. Direct involvement in a manufacturing environment is desirable. Exposure to Lean Manufacturing practices is a plus. Ability to read and understand building specifications, codes and product application is a plus.
- Provide Engineering development of Terminal Unit (TU) Product offering
- Determine need for and plan future product offering for Terminal Unit product lines. Identify competitive analysis for benchmarking of Nailor Terminal Unit product offering.
- Communicate with and support manufacturing, vendors and quality control Terminal Unit product.
- Coordinate projects with special product requirements. Work with Application Engineering to interpret customer specifications and ensure end product meets expectations.
- Develop costing for TU products.
- Determine course for pursuing special TU product offering.
- Participate in technical sales and engineering training sessions
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical degree in Mechanical Field
- Master’s degree a plus.
- PE candidate is a plus.
- Qualified candidates will have 1 – 3 years’ experience in one or more of the above criteria. This experience gained at the collegiate level is acceptable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of air moving products and analysis
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical plans, schedules, technical drawings and contract specifications
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well with customers on the phone and in person is a must
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving and analytic skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated computer-based expertise (must be able to learn new software)
- Familiarity with CAD software
- Must be highly motivated and self-driven